Zucchini and Corn Fritters with Tomato Avocado Salsa
Fritters are a quick and easy meal that the whole family will love. They're a great way to get an extra serve of vegetables into your diet and best of all, you can use up all those veggies in the bottom of the fridge!
This zucchini and corn fritter recipe can easily be adapted to use with whatever vegetables you have on hand. The base recipe is quite mild, so feel free to add in extra herbs or seasoning if you'd like a little more kick. Serve as a snack or turn them into a main meal, as I do, with a tomato avocado salsa, a dollop of sour cream and a squeeze of lemon!
ZUCCHINI AND CORN FRITTERS WITH TOMATO AVOCADO SALSA
- 420g tin corn kernels, drained
- 3 zucchinis, grated
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- salt and cracked black pepper
- chopped tomato, to serve
- chopped avocado, to serve
- coriander leaves, to serve
- sour cream, to serve (optional)
- lemon, to serve (optional)
- Mix together the corn, zucchini, eggs and milk. Gradually stir in the sifted flour, cumin, salt and pepper.
- Heat a little oil in a non-stick pan over medium heat. Using a tablespoon, place heaped spoonfuls of the mixture in the pan and cook in batches. Using a spatula, turn them once, until golden and cooked through. Drain on paper towel, cover and keep warm as you cook remaining fritters.
- Serve the fritters with chopped tomato, avocado, coriander leaves and sour cream. Add a wedge of lemon if desired.
* Makes approximately 14-16 fritters depending on size.